Hello, hello, hello!
It’s been a long time since my last post. Spring and summer have been very busy since I started a full-time job after being home with my sweet daughter (and working part-time) for many amazing months. In March, I was thrilled to accept a position as a baker and sales representative at a bakery in the Mt. Airy neighborhood of Philadelphia. I’m so grateful for this wonderful opportunity!
Here’s a collage of my summer, highlights of what I’ve been up to and of course, what I have been eating. Enjoy!
- Two of my favorite combinations: prosecco and the back porch of my dearest friend’s home. I’m loving this bottle of bubbles.
- Weekend ritual of green smoothies and watching the choo choo trains. There’s a charming little cafe located at one of the nearby train stations and little T loves their green smoothies. We did a 30 day green smoothie challenge in July and T happily participated.
- The bouquets for the bride and bridesmaids of my friend’s wedding. Flowers were arranged by family and friends.
- We went on a nature walk and foraged along the way collecting wineberries. These sweet little hands helped too.
- My friends live in the city and have a thriving apricot tree in their little back court yard. They invited us to pick some of the fruit. We went home with 25lbs of apricots and barely made a dent in that tree.
- Evening stroll down the street. We live in a mid-century modern neighborhood that was built on what was the grounds of a Gilded Age mansion, designed by Horace Trumbauer. The statues in my neighborhood are remnants of the gardens.
- 10lbs of blackberries about to become jam. My husband and I are huge fans of the Food in Jars blog. Try the peach jam recipe–you won’t regret it.
- A birthday tradition. We celebrated T’s 2nd birthday this summer. On her birthday (this year and last) I presented her with a blank canvas and paints to create her birthday masterpiece. I love it. It’s a fun way to commemorate the day. (first birthday to the left, second birthday to the right)
- My little gardener. She’s been spending a lot of time at grandma’s house and therefore spending a lot of time in the vegetable garden.
- We spent a couple days at Ocean City, NJ. I wish I could eat fried calamari and corn fritters everyday.
- My hubby and I went on out first ferris wheel ride together–good old fashioned romantic fun on the boardwalk.
- We celebrated the final weeks of summer with homemade lemon-orange gelato. I love gelato. I love gelato. I looooove gelato. Did you know there’s less fat in gelato than ice cream? So it’s way better for you.